- No Events
GOOD TO GREAT FUNDRAISING
There will be a mandatory meeting for players & parents planning to participate in Pre-Season Lacrosse at Newport Harbor.
WHEN: Thursday, November 7th @ 6pm
WHERE: Newport Harbor High School – Social Hall
If you cannot attend, please email Coach Armstrong firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-season roster consideration.
Sailor Girls faced Dana Hills and Tesoro yesterday.
- Team Improved from 14 fouls in the first game to 4 fouls in the second
- McCoy – 6 shots on goal, one goal
- Rausch – 4 caused turnovers/interceptions
- Peschong – 5 ground balls
- Siegfried – 4 shots, one goal
- Lenk – 100% shooting on one shot
- Albert, Davis, Lukosky – 3 shots
First games are this Saturday! Game day details are listed below.
We still have several players that need to register for OC Lacrosse, US Lacrosse and return Sailor Girls Fall League registration/payment. Players will not be able to play unless all 3 registrations are complete.
GAME DAY DETAILS:
Newport Ridge Park
1 White Cap Lane
Newport Beach, CA 92657
- Please arrive by 9am to to change and warm-up. Game #1-10am vs. Dana Hills, Game #2 -12pm vs. Tesoro.
- We will be providing the girls with pinnies and socks. Please wear black shorts (no spandex).
- DO NOT PARK IN THE FIRST PARKING LOT.
- DO NOT PARK IN THE BACK SEVEN SPOTS ALONG BUSHES AT BACK OF PARKING LOT.
- Games are 20 minute running halves, 5 minute half time, NO time outs.
- They will have FREE youth clinics running 8am to 9:45am for new or newer players please let your friends and family know and have them bring their kids, lets grow our sport!
- Don’t forget your goggles, stick, mouthguard, sunscreen and lots of water.
We are officially less then one month away from pre-season! With over thirty players in PE class, record numbers at summer camp, and our inaugural summer and fall league Sailor Girl teams playing competitively, this season promises to be one of the best NHHS Girls’ Lacrosse has seen.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
There will be a mandatory player meeting during the week of November 4, with time and place to be announced. Keep your ears open during announcements and check your email for Booster updates and teamer notifications. At this meeting, we will go over the pre-season schedule and answer any questions.
If you are unable to make this meeting, you must see Coach Armstrong individually.
Our first day on the field will be Tuesday, November 12. We will meet from 2:30-4:30 every weekday that school is in session. We will not have practice over Thanksgiving (11/26 to 12/1) or over Winter Recess (12/20 to 1/5).
The first two weeks of practice will be dedicated to fitness training. You will be working out for nearly two hours each day, and you must be prepared for core exercises, agility training, strength training, speed training and sprinting, distance running, plyometric exercise, and lower-body conditioning.
Our fitness expert, Chris Chinn, recommends that you prepare over the next month:
- Do regular distance running: Dynamic warm-up for 10-15 minutes, run with heart rate up for 30 minutes, cool down and stretch for 10-15 minutes.
- Strengthen your legs: Jumping, squatting, stadium steps, sprinting, and various weight/machine exercises can help with your lower body conditioning.
- Core training: There are a variety of core exercises and routines you can find online, and Coach Armstrong can provide you with a few if you would like. Alternatively, you can do Pilates.
- Flexibility training: You must stretch warm muscles every day—typically after your workout. Yoga works, too.
Start easy and build yourself up over the course of the next four weeks, and check with your doctor if you have any conditions that might lead to injury. If you feel pain, dizziness, or unusual discomfort, speak with your parents immediately and seek medical attention if necessary.
If you are playing a fall sport, you are probably ready to go for boot camp. But be honest with yourself about your fitness level; if you need to do any extra work, get out and get it done.
We look forward to seeing you on the field!
The Sailors are looking to field a team for the OC Fall Lacrosse League. Here is the information:
Games will be played at Newport Ridge Park on October 12, October 19th, November 9th, November 16th and November 23rd. The end-of-season event will be LAXAVIL, a Lacrosse/Carnival, held at Rancho Santa Margarita Intermediate School on December 7th.
Cost will be about $80-100, depending upon the number of players on the roster. You may split the season with another player if you cannot make all of the games (about $20 per week).
• No refunds for days lost due to inclement weather.
• This is completely voluntary and independent of NHHS Physical Education and the NHHS Girls Lacrosse Team.
IMPORTANT: Space in the league is filling up fast, and we must register soon. Please talk to your parents and let Coach Armstrong know if you are interested in playing as soon as possible. Thank you.
- No Events